Monday, January 29, 2007

Buy those Girl Scout cookies while you can.

The lesson I've learned this past week is that the big life decisions you worry a hell of a lot about beforehand usually beget a peaceful aftermath. There's something pacifying about making a decision and letting that be that.

I've also learned that Girl Scout cookies are only available for a limited time and you have to grab the opportunity while it's still around. This theory can be applied to life, but I'm too tired to make an analogy.

I did make one earlier: someone asked me how I felt today, and I could only say that it's like getting through a bunch of rapids in a solo canoe and finally being able to float with the current as it turns into a long, placid river. He didn't know what I meant. But that's what it's like.

No comments: